Monday 1 September 2014

The Time Douche

Correcting a student group's story I come across the line, all on its own, "time douche".

"Time douche?" I said, "What does this mean?"

They didn't seem able to explain in English.

"Are you trying to say dush, like in Russian? Shower?" I asked, trying to mime a shower. They looked confused, obviously this not what they'd meant.

It transpired that they'd translated something, and they translated it again for me. Sure enough, the translator said "time douche".

"Sorry guys, I have absolutely no idea what this means..."


***

 My friends, however, had some potential definitions: 
  • A cleansing moment in one's history that also has an awkward private aspect that you don't want to share. Like eating a whole tub of ice cream when heartbroken. A time douche. 
    -Bernie

  • Time douche: one who travels through time to trip skipping children, fart on people's heads while they sleep, and wake babies.
    -KvK
     
  • Maybe it's literally a new kind of douche that takes your vagina back in time. 
    -Jane
    (Like I just don't have time to shave! I'll just use a time douche set on 11. -KvK)
     
  • Maybe it's an herbal thing, like a thyme douche.
    -Veg

No comments:

Post a Comment